Chris McCarty's Extreme Fitness with P90X!

Look at the photo to the far left.   I was that person for 10 years.   I am changing all that now.   I do not contend to have ALL the answers, but from what I have learned about fitness and nutrition over the past year, I know that I can help you.   Are you ready to change that person you see in the mirror?   If so: 

Thursday, April 3, 2008

P90X - This week . . .


I am currently in week 10 of my 1st of what I hope is many rounds of P90X.   That is the great thing about it, in my opinion, in that it is NOT just a 90 day thing.   It can become a way of life and a program that you can continue to incorporate into your future health regimen.  

The past 9 weeks have flown by.  Don't get me wrong, there were times when it was hard and a few times where I didn't want to workout.  But most days I am full of energy and you get to a point where your body expects exercise.  That is a great point to get to. 

This week I've done Chest/Shoulder & Tri's, Ploymetrics, Back & Bicep & Yoga X.  Tomorrow I have Legs & Back and KenpoX on Saturday.    Today was a great Yoga X workout.  It has become my favorite workout.   It did not start out that way.   My body just didn't want to bend like a pretzel, but I have become much stronger, much more flexible and the workout becomes much more enjoyable. 

I am down a couple more pounds and am currently at 190.  That is 21 pounds in 9 1/2 weeks.   I suppose some people might say "that's it?".  Well, it is actually right where it should be.  It is only possible to lose 2 - 2 1/2 pounds of fat per week.   The people on Biggest Loser are not losing that much weight in fat.  They are losing some fat, some water and lots of protein out of their muscles.    Which is exactly why they look sort of "skinny-fat" if that makes sense.  

It has been a good week.  I feel good.  Probably not getting enough sleep, so I need to work on that.  Hope everyone out there is having a great week.

Chris

No comments: