Chris McCarty's Extreme Fitness with P90X!

Look at the photo to the far left.   I was that person for 10 years.   I am changing all that now.   I do not contend to have ALL the answers, but from what I have learned about fitness and nutrition over the past year, I know that I can help you.   Are you ready to change that person you see in the mirror?   If so: 

Saturday, April 5, 2008

"I'm eating LESS but not losing any more weight . . . What gives??"


I had a great discussion this evening with a friend of mine.  He has lost some weight and we were talking about what I was doing as far as fitness & nutrition.   We talked a bit about P90X as well and what the program involves.

He was saying that he lost a certain amount of weight, but even though he is eating less and less, he is not losing any more weight.    I am sure that many people have this same situation and ask "Why"?  

The body is an amazing machine.   It was designed to survive, first and foremost.   It knows when it is not getting enough fuel.    While calorie cutting will work for a while, most likely you will plateau and stop losing weight.  The body will  hold onto the fat in response to what it perceives as starvation.  The metabolism will drop and weight loss will stop.  It is really a rather amazing function of the body and was necessary to survive way back when during food shortages.  

The key is to feed your body the proper amount of food so that it will RELEASE the fat and not hold on to it.   I have heard so many people, who start P90X, say they cannot eat all the food they are suppose to eat on the program.  "How can I eat this much food and lose weight?", they ask.   I know it seems backwards, but it is not, I assure you.    I am taking in what seems like a ton of food and STILL losing weight on the program.  

Now don't get me wrong,  you cannot eat whatever you want, whenever you want.  I would never make such a promise, although I know we have all seen programs that do.   You'll be eating healthy "clean" food and the nutrition guide spells it all out in detail.   If you follow it, you will succeed.   Period.   If there are ANY questions on this, please let me know.  

Have a great weekend!

Chris

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just started p90x this weekend. The diet has caused me to gain weight.

Friday I had to force myself to get all the food down and I thought I was going to hurl. Sat and Sun went a little better but this morning I was 5-lbs heavier than Fri morning.

I am currently 212. I know my fit weight is about 170 (I was a very active cyclist about 8 yrs ago and that was my weight). At 212 the program has me eating like 3000 calories. I couldn't do it so I went to the 2500 plan on Saturday but I feel like that is still too much. I'll probably be able to eat more once my strength comes back and I can actually burn the calories but I was thinking of getting down to the 1800 cal plan.

Did you experience any wt gain like this?