Chris McCarty's Extreme Fitness with P90X!

Look at the photo to the far left.   I was that person for 10 years.   I am changing all that now.   I do not contend to have ALL the answers, but from what I have learned about fitness and nutrition over the past year, I know that I can help you.   Are you ready to change that person you see in the mirror?   If so: 

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Why Me and Why P90X???


My name is Chris McCarty.  I am 38 years old and in January 2008, I decided to finally take control of my health, and thus, my life.  Look at my Day 1 photo.  I am a regular guy.  I'm an average Dad of 3 kids.   I was just someone who was fed up with feeling horrible and looking at "that" in the mirror.    I was just like many of you.  I was looking for an answer.  A real answer.

After years of trying quick fixes and magic pills (and trust me I tried it ALL) I finally decided to commit myself to P90X.   

I had done Power 90 (P90) in the past, but while doing so had never really committed to the program.  So, while I became more fit, I did not see great results.   But, don't get me wrong, P90 is a great program and definately one to start with if you feel you are really out of shape and not ready for P90X.  

Honestly, I was afraid to start P90X.  But isn't that true for many of us on many subjects.  I don't know about you, but I was afraid to succeed.  That is what I have figured out thus far in my journey.   I finally realized that it was not about a quick fix, but it was a lifestyle change that I only recently was ready for.   I knew if I started to see results that I would have to continue on the program and that would mean giving up some of my worst habits - forever.   (well at least 95% of the time)

I am just over 60 days into the program at the writing of this post.   I started P90X at 211 pounds and a waist over 40 inches - Yuck.   Well, check my pictures and see for yourself.  If you follow the program, you get results.  Plain and simple.  I am currently 192 pounds and have gained muscle mass.  I am fitting into jeans that I have not worn in 10 years.   CRAZY!

I am still heading toward my goals, so it continues to be a journey for me.   But I would love to help you attain your goals.   I will write another post as to why I wanted to become a coach for Team Beachbody.    

Here is wishing you all GREAT health!

Chris

No comments: