Chris McCarty's Extreme Fitness with P90X!

Look at the photo to the far left.   I was that person for 10 years.   I am changing all that now.   I do not contend to have ALL the answers, but from what I have learned about fitness and nutrition over the past year, I know that I can help you.   Are you ready to change that person you see in the mirror?   If so: 

Sunday, March 30, 2008

P90X - Time commitment???


One of the main questions I get about P90X is:  "How much time does it take each day?".

We have all seen workout programs that promise great results in only 20 minutes, 3x per week.  Is that realistic if you are really wanting to see AMAZING results?  Probably not.  

Look at the folks on Biggest Loser.   While I may not completely agree with the method, the bottom line is that they are working out 4-6 hours a day.  

The majority of the P90X DVD workouts are 52 to 58 minutes.   There is always a block of stretching time at the beginning and end, so the actual hard workout is 40 to 48 minutes.   

The only one that is longer is Yoga X.   You will need a bit of extra time for this workout, but it IS worth it.   

The Ab Ripper X is 16 minutes long and you would do that on Days 1,3 & 5.  I would suggest that you do this workout at a later time than the regular workout for that day.   It would be, of course, up to you how you want to work this.  

The word commitment will be a familiar theme because that is what this is.   If you can spare an hour a day to commit to yourself, your body and your health - then you CAN do P90X!

As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions. 

Chris

2 comments:

sm1226 said...

I like the idea of less than an hr a day.....one hr and you are finished.

Unknown said...

I play sports a couple times a week at a pretty high level. It's definitely a work out.

How diligent do you have to be with the P90X schedule of 5-6 times a week given I play competitive sports?

My body would be wrecked if I tried to do the program and play sports.

Any suggestions?