Chris McCarty's Extreme Fitness with P90X!

Look at the photo to the far left.   I was that person for 10 years.   I am changing all that now.   I do not contend to have ALL the answers, but from what I have learned about fitness and nutrition over the past year, I know that I can help you.   Are you ready to change that person you see in the mirror?   If so: 

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nutrition - A Vital Cog in the Wheel


I had my family members reviewing my blog to make sure that they felt it looked "ok" and to make sure all the buttons worked and everything made sense.   You know, just to check myself.

My younger brother questioned me on the absence of information about nutrition.  I have assured him that it was not on purpose.  I am in the process of getting this blog going and am working hard to get vital information on the site.  BUT - he was right.  Nutrition is a vital cog in the wheel of P90X.  

In fact, in researching P90X before I got the program, I came across a quote saying that "if a person is not going to commit to the nutrition part of the program, then it is NOT the program for them".   I found that a very bold statement.   It showed me the commitment that Team Beachbody has to its customers. 

With the P90X system you will receive a very detailed nutritional guide.   It has several different approaches to it, but all lead to the same place.  You start with Phase I - Fat Shredder in which you'll take in lower complex carbs to get your metabolism ramped up and burning fat.  At the end of 30 days you'll enter Phase II - Energy Boost - in which you decrease your protein slightly and increase your complex carbs.  Once you start to become more fit your body will NEED the complex carbs so that you don't crash.  The final 30 days is Phase III - Endurance Maximizer - in which you really increase your complex carbs for that final push to excellent results.  

It is all clearly laid out in the guide and easy to follow.  As always, I am more than willing to answer any questions you may have on this topic.  

As I will get into in another post, my wife and I are really into nutrition and I will highlight those different areas later.  Until then, have a great evening.

Chris

1 comment:

Bazooka Jeff said...

Nice job Chris!

Bazooka Jeff (www.bazookajeff.com)